Our client has an immediate need for a technical writer in Bethesda, MD.
The IT Technical Writer will assist with the development and revision of technical documents including technical manuals, user guides, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other written materials in support of their government client. The successful candidate will have strong technical writing skills with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Federal policies and standards for information systems.
This position reports to the Chief Information Officer with duties to include the following:
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals
- Work with technical and managerial staff to review existing policies and procedures; prepare, write and edit technical processes.
- Devising templates for documents such as Business Cases, requirements documentation, Project Plans, Contingency Plans, and user manuals
- Provide requirements documents, design documents, user guides, configuration management plans, self-assessments, risk assessments, and security plans
- Monitor and keep informed of current applicable Federal security laws, regulations and guidance
- Create and edit materials that meet industry standards.
- Conduct a quality review of documentation for technical accuracy and clarity.
- Work with NIH staff to gather additional information as needed.
- Take notes and summaries as needed, at technical and collaborative meetings.
- Plan, prepare and edit assigned documents.