Under the direction of the Talent Support Director, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will implement and administer HR policies and programs concerning acquisition of the organization's talent, including hourly positions, engineering and professional positions. This role assists in managing the staffing process for selected hiring managers, collaborating with the Talent Support Team and staffing partners. This position may also support corporate events, employee onboarding, employee engagement activities and other programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and executes the recruiting process and talent strategy to attract top candidates for a variety of positions through multiple sourcing methods (i.e. data mining of social networking sites, job fairs and employee referrals).
- Collaborates with hiring managers to determine staffing needs and drives targeted recruiting campaigns that align with company strategies while following established hiring processes.
- Develops advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility with potential candidates and attend job fairs and local events to increase brand awareness.
- Ensures continuous development of recruiting/sourcing skills and knowledge using latest sourcing and recruiting methods and technologies.
- Owns content for online tools and maintains accuracy of all job postings while marketing to targeted applicants.
- Maintains and manages current candidate activity in an applicant tracking system.
- Manages internal job transfers and database for union members.
- Trains new hiring leaders on the recruitment process and interviewing techniques.
- Manages the screening of initial resumes, oversees interview scheduling and interviewing of applicants.
- Coordinates background/reference checks and other required assessments as well as pre-placement drug screens and physicals.
- Responsible for logistics with regard to interviews such as travel arrangements, setting up virtual interviews, temporary living, etc.
- May coordinate with outside legal resources with regard to visa and employment eligibility.
- Coordinates with other Talent Support team members for onboarding and acts as back-up for onboarding.
- Provides information to candidates regarding the Company.
- Manages and promotes employee referral program.
- Maintains up-to-date recruiting metrics, data and reports as needed.
- Works on other projects as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources.
- A minimum of five years of related recruitment experience with engineering, manufacturing and general business positions, along with a proficiency in a variety of office and HR technology, including applicant tracking and HRIS systems).
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral.
- High sense of responsibility, persistence, and confidentiality with strong organizational and detail skills.
- Self-motivated. Effective and unpressured with time-sensitive tasks.
- A willingness to travel to career fairs, and other events as necessary is required.