COMPANY SUMMARY: Client is one of the world’s largest direct sellers of telecommunications, energy and other essential services, headquartered in Charlotte. Our client has global operations in 24 countries and have been rapidly growing since being founded in 1993. Our client is a privately-held, growth-oriented company that embraces entrepreneurial thinking, quick action, spirit, and teamwork!
JOB SUMMARY: The Systems Administrator is responsible for deployment and management of a global Linux/VMWare infrastructure. The person must have experience in system administration, scripting, automation, and a background in coordinating with multiple teams.
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform day to day administration for the Linux RedHat, CentOS and other Linux based operating systems in a virtual environment around the globe.
- Review and test recommended updates to the operating environment for compatibility with internal applications.
- Perform day to day application administration and configuration.
- Preform upgrade testing and planning for platform upgrades as needed.
- Monitors and manages the application and infrastructure health
- Works with infrastructure and network teams on application configuration and performance
- Manages application licenses and SSL certificates.
- Installs and configures applications in development, test and production environments
- Monitors system backup/restore software pertaining to applications
- Conducts performance tuning for the application and operating system
- Manage / resolve performance issues as needed
- Provide technical assistance and support to the Information Technology and application teams in the use, maintenance and program of computer systems, to include explaining capabilities and available enhancements
- Perform special technical projects, as well as emergency maintenance on activities requiring special knowledge or experience at both a systems and application level
- Maintain local and remote NAS based file systems
- Recommend, write, and maintain scripts to increase efficiency and effectiveness of daily tasks
- Preform security audits and implement necessary changes to ensure the environment is always following security vest practices.
- Working with external vendors and internal team members in providing technical and costs based information related to new projects.
- Planning, testing and implementing Linux and Storage services in the Cloud (AWS or Other).