The Staff Accountant position will perform a variety of financial functions to assist in producing accurate and timely financial statements and reports to support the business and its related real estate entities. This is the place for a team member to forge his/her own path while gaining insight into a dynamic growing, multi-faceted company.
The Staff Accountant reports to the Owner and CFO and operates independently within assigned responsibilities.
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant:
• Proper recording of real estate property transactions.
• Create a Unified "Chart of Accounts" for all real estate entities.
• Prepares closing Journal entries used in preparing the monthly Financial Statements.
• Supervise the Executive Assistant and Bookkeeper (two employees) pertaining to all financial transactions.
• Preparation of monthly management reports as required.
• Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of internal control procedures.
• Reconciliation of the Balance Sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
• Maintain the Prepaid Activity Schedule including Insurance, Taxes, etc.
• Assist the Senior Staff Acct, Controller, and CFO with the preparation of compiled financial statements for all operating and real estate entities.
• Prepare schedules required by the outside accountants in conjunction with the year-end review of the company's financial statements.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis and special projects as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
• Minimum of seven (7) years' experience in a similar function
• Public accounting experience preferred but not required
• Working knowledge of QuickBooks required
• At least three (3) years' experience within a property management or real estate company required
• Familiarity and working knowledge of HUD-1 Settlement Statements
• Exceptional computer skills with proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Outlook and Word)
• Must be able to work independently, multi-task and prioritize effectively
• Ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience with budgeting processes a plus