Marlborough, MA US
The Senior Financial Auditor is a member of the Internal Audit (IA) team who is responsible for executing assigned financial, operational, and compliance engagements. This responsibility includes developing the audit scope, following department standards and procedures, and preparing internal audit reports that reflect high quality results of the work performed within established timetables. This role is in either Marlboro, Massachusetts or San Diego, California with a flexible work schedule.
What To Expect: Responsible for executing assigned financial, operational and compliance engagements following department standards and procedures, within established timetables and with high quality results. This would include:
• Planning, conducting and/or leading engagements to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of controls, compliance with laws and regulations and efficiency/effectiveness of operations.
• Developing risk assessments and audit programs.
• Reviewing/testing policies, procedures, and controls to identify opportunities for improvement
• Conducting meetings with management upon commencement and completion of engagements to discuss scope and significant audit issues.
• Developing meaningful recommendations for management to improve the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of controls and operations.
• Drafting clear and concise audit reports and performing follow-up on status of management actions taken on identified issues.
• Assist in achieving full and continued compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act via annual testing.
• Interviewing and meeting with Process Owners and management.
• Updating SOX narratives and test matrices.
• Performing/supervising/Reviewing tests of compliance in various business cycles/areas.
• Participate in other projects and activities as assigned.
• Maintain technical and audit skill through performing research on new audit techniques, special projects, accounting pronouncements and regulatory issues and attending industry relevant training courses.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related discipline required. Graduate (Master’s) degree preferred.
• At least one professional certification (CPA, CIA, CFE) completed or in process.
• 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in operational, financial, and/or compliance auditing, including developing risk assessments, audit surveys and audit programs. In-charge experience, including reviewing work papers, strong multi-tasking skills, ensuring time and dollar budgets are met, providing appropriate direction to audit team members, preparing staff evaluations, leading opening and exit meetings and drafting audit reports. Prior employment at a national attestation/consulting practice preferred.
• Experience in data analytics would be preferred.