Chicago, IL 60602 US
Assist with month end closing process, prepare journal entries, account rec's, and periodic and ad hoc financial reports:
• Prepares journal entries and reconciliations for various transactions and accounts.
• Reviews journal entries and account reconciliations of staff and others as assigned.
• Maintenance of company files and data uploads
• Preparation of various financial statements and supporting schedules.
• Responsible for updating and maintenance of the fixed asset system
• Participates in the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA preferred
• Minimum of 4-7 years of related work experience.
• Excellent computer skills with experience with consolidation tools, Dynamics AX, Power BI, and Tableau.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of financial accounting principles, internal controls and cost accounting methods.
• Attention to detail and commitment to quality financial reporting.
• Proficient MS Excel skills with knowledge of creating templates and report writing.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts and determine appropriate liability reserve balances.
• Ability to manage, delegate and prioritize assignments to ensure that all reporting deadlines are met is essential.
• Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
* Excellent long term growth opportunity with a high profile division of a multi-billion dollar firm!