The Senior Data Analyst role will work closely with the Finance Content Management Group (FCMG) Data Managers and Director to support and maintain the integrity of the System financial data. The candidate will work across all business units to ensure data standards and flows are in alignment with the organizations goals. They will work closely with financial users of PeopleSoft on activities’ related to data configuration, maintenance, testing, training, data mining, reporting, policies and procedures. The role will be expected to assist with various other hands-on activities as required based on workload that may or may not pertain to PeopleSoft.
The Senior Data Analyst will interact with different levels throughout the organization that may include accountants, financial analysts, developers, architects, production support engineers and all levels of management. The role requires a solid understanding of accounting and reporting processes and must demonstrate proven abilities and success with an ERP and MS Office applications either as an end user or in a support role. The ideal candidate should be comfortable communicating with internal and external customers in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to a manager.
· Contribute to the continued development of master data dictionaries
· Perform the day to day maintenance functions of the PeopleSoft application.
· Ensure data integrity and quality of financial and master data.
· Contribute to the design of the process for input, review, and maintenance of systems master data through use of written policies, procedures and forms ensuring standardization and accuracy across multiple systems as well as enterprise adoption.
· Modify and maintain proper publication of master data and finance policies, procedures and work instructions as they pertain to PeopleSoft.
· Support the Content Team Managers and Director with enforcing policies and procedures to ensure enterprise adoption.
· Ensure compliance with company and security policies.
· Configuration & maintenance of master data and other associated elements and tasks that include [but are not limited to]:
ŸChart Fields and other data elements Ÿ Business Units Ÿ Attributes Ÿ Asset Profiles Ÿ Asset locations Ÿ Activities Ÿ Trees Ÿ BI Distribution Codes ŸSpeed Charts and Types Ÿ Combo Edits Ÿ Allocations Ÿ Calendars and AP Mass Maint Ÿ Standard Journals [recurring] Ÿ Mass Changes Ÿ CI Loads
· Responsible for the configuration of the PeopleSoft application
· Update configuration documents and guides for configuration any changes made to the application.
· Review and identify new functionality and bug patches related to PeopleSoft Finance images.
· Primary lead for integration of new Business Units onto PeopleSoft.
· Creation of Functional Specs for enhancements to the PeopleSoft application.
· Monitor journal entry status and workflow submissions. Take appropriate steps to support the systems goals of timely and accurate financials.
· Maintain Data test scripts and perform functional testing of patches, fixes, new functionality, allocations and any other data integrity issues that may arise.
· Development and maintenance of Forms
· Work with IT and Business Project Managers of all levels on Master Data related projects and tasks.
· Identify and report critical data management issues and risks.
· Monitor and run interfaces [inbound and outbound].
· Active engagement in regular data cleansing projects.
· Development and maintenance of PeopleSoft queries for end users.
· Run reports, queries, allocations, eliminations, consolidations and any other process necessary to support the PeopleSoft application and finance end users.
· Aid in the implementation of process improvements through new policies, procedures, functionality, and training.
· Work with CMGrp Managers to create and present training guides and job aids.
· Monitor email and BMC Service ticketing system and provide appropriate customer service and support.
· Support and maintain Finance SharePoint