Our client, a trendy and exciting start-up retail/e-commerce company in NYC, is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant for a tremendous opportunity with their dynamic team. The Senior Accountant will have the opportunity to make a large impact on the department, it's growth and culture. We're looking for a motivated self-starter who wants to join an energized company, work closely with the leadership team, and make a large contribution to the growth, efficiency and success of the company.
We are offering a phenomenal compensation package, tons of growth potential, and a very collaborative, constructive and fun work environment.
- Manage the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures, including preparing journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations (e.g. inventory, accruals, prepaids, fixed assets), and aging reports
- Prepare monthly revenue recognition, including revenue-related reconciliations and COGS calculations
- Manage financial statement generation, ensuring financial reporting is in accordance with GAAP
- Assist in the preparation of bi-weekly/monthly budget variance analyses and work collaboratively across teams to assist in providing actionable insights to help drive optimal business decisions
- Maintain and improve current accounting processes and infrastructure. Assist in improving accounting and financial reporting process by helping to evaluate processes and opportunities to add value and efficiency.
- Ownership over AP/AR, including processing vendor invoices, preparing vendor payments, and account reconciliations
- Ownership over various banking activities, including cash, credit cards, and statement reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external reporting packages for management and investors
- Adapt to new tasks and responsibilities as the business grows and changes