A small "family oriented" company is looking to add a Senior Accountant to their team. This person is going to handle Accounting Functions as well as Human Resource duties. The opportunity will grow into to a Manager/Director level positon for the right candidate!
- Monthly Financials (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flows) for all 3 companies, including analysis and deferral of sales/costs, accruals, & reconciliation of accounts, and work with CPA for year-end closing and filing of income taxes.
- Sales Projections based on contracts received and designer forecasting
- Designer accounts – 13 of which are updated on a bi-weekly basis, sales tracking including volume, quarterly margin reports, sales progress graphs. Meet with designers to discuss any concerns or questions they have regarding their accounts. Monitoring sales to ensure designers keep on target for year-end goals.
- Renewing and maintaining insurances for the company (from MMZ) and any claims.
- Obtaining necessary certificates of insurance for jobs as needed
- Entering in the invoices into AR on a monthly basis, reconciling the accounts, computing and filing monthly sales tax for all 3 companies in NY, NJ, & CT, reconciling sales tax on quarterly basis
- AIA billing and other invoicing for larger, more complex job contracts
- Quarterly calculations and filing of Commercial Rent Tax for NYC
- Renew all necessary licenses – i.e. home improvement licenses for Westchester, Putnam, and NYC
- Entering in of contracts and backcharges for Subs into AP, & meeting with Construction department on a weekly basis to pay and reconcile all accounts.
- Responsible for maintaining petty cash and reconciling as needed
- Maintain display files, set up display accounts in the GL to track all display items bought and paid for, and try to track appliances in 3 showrooms.
- Monitor all 6 bank accounts, tracking balances, transferring money from the deposit accounts to the general accounts as job are delivered, tracking incoming wire deposits as well as setting up outgoing wire transfers, purchasing Euros for jobs as needed and transferring funds, etc.
- Tracking supplier rebates
- Oversee team of 3 people and assist and/or advise them as needed
- Payroll - tracking & entering hours, tracking time-off and holidays, entering commissions, adjusting tax rates as requested
- 401 K - verifying contribution rate in payroll, making weekly payments to MassMutual and reconciling contributions on a monthly basis
- W-2s and 1099's at year end - reconciling amounts to make sure they match what was actually paid
- Dealing with employee concerns as the needs arise