We're seeking an experienced Loan Servicing Specialist for a phenomenal opportunity!! Our client is a young, rapidly growing fintech company in the digital lending industry, who provides a casual and fun company culture, an exceptional leadership team, professional development, and lots of automony and growth! Does this sound like an opportunity for you?
This role reports to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and/or his assigned delegate. The primary responsibilities include, but is not limited to, managing all aspects of account servicing, from pre-approval onboarding through closing, which includes direct management of the servicing platform, and interfacing with the origination platform, banking platform, accounting platform, risk management platform, credit bureaus, collections agencies, internal compliance, external legal counsel and customer service platform. The Manager/Director is ultimately responsible for overseeing collections on all accounts including delinquent accounts and ensuring best-efforts to maximize recoveries and liaising with the CRO on account modifications and restructurings. Additional key responsibilities include identifying and reducing operational risks and driving efficiency improvements and scale within various processes through automation.
- Run day-to-day account servicing and collections. This requires keeping track of performance metrics, taking corrective actions, analyzing bottlenecks and implementing solutions that bring process performance to the next level.
- Manage the entire back office processes implies overseeing a wide range of operational activities. These include but are not limited to: performing credit analysis, vetting customer’s identification, issuing loan agreements, applying payments to individual accounts, identifying delinquent accounts, taking direct collections action, issuing monthly statements, and others.
- Research, develop and implement collection procedures that reduce the amount of delinquencies.
- Conduct various assessments to ensure operations procedures are achieving accurate and desired results.
- Liaise with the CRO on creating strategies or implement programs and set guidelines for methods to identify potential operational risks, including the development of action plans to eliminate risks to the company.
- Work with system provider(s) to utilize applications to fullest capacity, streamlining processes and procedures, ensuring accuracy and compliance. Analyze, prepare, train for periodic updates to system software, and verify that enhancements are working correctly.
- Participates in the review and recommendations of operational systems and procedures.
- Assist in (a) the preparation of regular presentations on the overall status of Company’s operations and (b) the delivery of results and improvement plans to senior management.
- Liaise with the Chief Compliance Officer on all matters related the Customer Complaints & Handling and Credit Reporting Disputes.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of all Company’s Policies and Procedures, including but not limited to the Credit Policy, KYC/AML Policy, Accounting Policy, Operational Manual, the Data Protection Policy and others.
- Oversee the review process of all credit files as needed to ensure quality, consistency and compliance with collection guidelines and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (when applicable).
- Remain informed on regulatory changes that may impact digital lending