The litigation paralegal will manage all aspects of large scale, complex litigation. The position will require over time and some travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administratively manage all phases of a litigation case including motion practice, discovery, arbitration trial and appellate procedures;
- Organize and manage electronic and hard copy document collections;
- Manage and manipulate data in litigation support software offerings;
- Legal and factual cite checking including shepardizing and editing a brief to Blue Book standards;
- Execute various research projects within Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw and internet search engines;
- Execute all docket and court filing activities accurately in Pacer Pro and ECF;
- Assist with witness preparation;
- Trial preparation and attendance;
- Supervise project assistants and temporary staff on workflow and assignments;
- Execute all activities with a thorough understanding of rules of procedure for various federal and state jurisdictions;
- Prioritize and manage multiple assignments with tight deadlines.