San Francisco, CA
Major law firm looking to bring onboard a Legal Secretary.
• Drafts letters and documents; collects and analyzes information; prepares charts, graphs, and other visuals.
• Supports fee-earners and clients by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents.
• Maintains attorneys' calendars by scheduling conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
• Maintains hard copy and electronic filing system (FileSite/iManage).
• Schedules meetings with internal and external participants, and arranges conference rooms.
• Communicates and obtains information from/for internal and external clients.
• Inputs attorney time into timekeeping software.
• Prepares Chrome River reimbursement reports for assigned fee-earners.
• Coordinates monthly billing process between accounting and assigned partner(s). This includes preparation of draft and final client invoices and transmittal of same.
• Supports the New Client Intake process which includes the conflicts check, matter details and Engagement Letter preparation.
• Assists with providing coverage to reception as scheduled by the Office Manager.
• Operates office equipment including photocopy machine and scanner when needed.
• Maintains confidentiality of client and firm matters.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
• May also be also be asked to type and format pleadings, briefs, declarations, exhibits and other documents, as well as electronic filing documents with California courts.