Plano, TX | Full Time
|Local growing company is seeking a Lead Production Dev Ops Engineer who is looking to be a leader in a robust organization that is passionate about technology. |
What are you doing and what is our wish list???
The Lead Production Support DevOps Developer works collaboratively with software and QA developers to deploy our systems. You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes. You will build and maintain tolls for development, monitoring and operations and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test, stage and production environments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Strong background in Windows and Linux administration
• Experience with automation/configuration management using either Bamboo, Puppet, Chef or equivalent
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and services
• Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus too)
• A working understanding of code and script (Python, Bash, .NET)
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available environment
• Be hands-on and lead by following best practices in development and CI/CD methods
• Operate in a highly-iterative Agile environment and deliver significant functionality every week
• Develop tools and libraries that will enable rapid and scalable development in the future
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline preferred
• 7+ years of experience automating processes in Python, project and program analytical support
• Business process and/or business re-engineering experience
• Familiar with Operational best practices
• Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills