International Law Firm looking to hire a Library Assistant to help with organizing the Library and cataloging for the firm. Great opportunity for an entry level candidate that is looking to move into a well established institution!
- Process, sort and route all incoming library mail, including creating and maintaining inventory control and distribution records in the integrated library system.
- Maintain the print library collection, which includes shelving, circulating, shifting, weeding and relocating library materials as well as gathering materials for the contract filers.
- Catalog books and prepare newly received materials for shelving or distribution.
- Process and code invoices for review, approval and filing.
- Coordinate with vendors to order missing material and complete book returns,
- Support onboarding of new attorneys and staff and coordinate completion of departure checklists.
- Administration of online services, including the creation, reset or deletion of passwords and user accounts.
- Provide support with training events for attorneys and staff.
- Assist attorneys and staff by answering questions, retrieving and distributing materials, and making photocopies.
- Retrieve requested materials from online databases or interlibrary loan when needed.
- Assist with creation, maintenance and dissemination of alerts.
- Assist with knowledge exploitation initiatives.
- Occasional travel to other east coast offices and upkeep of those libraries may be required.
- Contribute to and complete administrative and other projects as assigned.