We are looking to fill a seasonal opening in our IT Department. This person will be responsible for completing equipment installations and teardowns, as well as providing first level of technical support for preexisting hardware: computers and laptops, printers and other PC peripherals, networking hardware, enterprise applications and IP-based production equipment in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. Big part of this position’s primary responsibility will be to help Pmall to relocate all our IT equipment to our new production facility as well as resolve any support issues through the reminder of the season.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide over the phone and in person support to end users using hardware and software including (but not limited to): desktop and laptop computers, printers, thermal printers, handheld scanners, networking hardware, IP-based phones, generally available as well as proprietary office and production applications and equipment.
- Log and manage IT Requests through a proprietary system as well as follow up with team members, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution with minimal supervision.
- Research solutions or escalate unresolved IT Requests to the next level of support when necessary. Make sure that no tasks are abandoned.
- Perform scheduled installations, configurations and maintenance of computer equipment and various peripherals, operating systems and applications.
- Actively participate in system implementations, including (but not limited to): seasonal equipment setups/tear-downs, low-voltage (WAN/LAN network, A/V, etc.) cabling in office and production settings, migrations, upgrades and rollouts of new technologies with emphasis on all hands-on projects involving physical network infrastructure.
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records.
- Prepare all company IT assets to be transported to new facility and perform station setups upon equipment’s arrival.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Mechanical aptitude helpful while working with production equipment.
- Working knowledge of networking fundamentals and MS Windows-based environments.
- Working knowledge of modern computer technologies.
- Experience with deploying data cabling in accurate, timely and neat manner.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects to conclusion.
- Ability to work well as a self-directed individual but also as a team member.
- Ability to work flexible/extended hours for prolonged time (as needed, with prior notice).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and positive attitude.
- Proven ability to provide technical support to end users in courteous way.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with complete workstation setups (PC, monitor, printer, scanner, cabling).