|Our client is in need of a Senior Java/Software Developer to identify, document, and analyze customer, business, and system requirements; evaluate alternative approaches; and design and develop solutions tailored to specific Agency, systems, and customer requirements. They lead the testing and integration of new and modified solutions into the system. The Senior Java/Software Developer will also review and provide guidance on software and configuration management. |
• Design and build solutions consistent with enterprise architecture reference standards;
• Work closely with the technical and leadership teams to actively identify and log technical issues or risks associated with a project, escalating them, as appropriate, and possibly implementing mitigation strategies for risk prevention and timely resolution
• Generates ideas for designing and adapting software to meet evolving customer needs and recommends suggested approach.
• Evaluates system design requirements to determine their impact on the development process.
• Implements updates to existing software applications to meet new requirements.
• Develops software code, applications, and scripts for application and testing.
• Troubleshoots software-related problems in systems; identifies issues and recommends solutions.
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience with software development throughout the SDLC
• Experience with Java and its development environment (Eclipse IDE, Spring Tool Suite IDE, etc)
• Experience with Spring Framework, Spring Security, Struts, Hibernate, JPA
• Experience with SQL DBMS especially Oracle or MySQL
• Experience with Apache Tomcat JSP/Servlet, JavaServer Faces (JSF)
• Experience with Windows 7/10, Linux, including CentOS and Red Hat
• Experience with working on Scrum or other Agile methodology
• BA or BS degree
• US Citizen
• Active Secret Clearance
• Experience with GIT/Bitbucket SCM
• Experience with Jira/Confluence suite