Our client is embarking on a digital transformation strategy requiring an upgrade and harmonization of existing IT assets and systems. They are looking for an Enterprise Architect for their Arlington office to build a holistic view of the IT strategy, business processes, and information technology assets. The IT holistic view will be utilized to ensure business units and IT are aligned with business objectives driving the digital transformation effort. The candidate will be required to develop architectural models or views to demonstrate how the current IT architecture and future technology needs of the company will be met in an integrated, efficient, maintainable, and agile manner. Furthermore, the enterprise architect provides technology guidance, road maps, principles, standards, and best practices.
As part of the IT strategy, they will launch CRM and omni-channel architectures, the Enterprise Architect will support the evaluation, selection and integration of the different CRM and omni-channel technologies.
- Aligns IT strategy and planning with their business strategy and goals.
- Provides overall direction, guidance, and definition of IT architecture to effectively support the corporate business strategy.
- Proposes and implements a set of IT principles and architectural guidelines.
- Ensure that these principles are applied by all new projects and systems.
- Defines, explains, and advocates technology strategy.
- Supports IT department in the evaluation, selection and integration of IT solutions to support the IT strategy with CRM and omni-channel architecture.
- Responsible for the evaluation, selection, and monitoring the deployment of IT systems.
- Supports all architectural disciplines and champions' architectural initiatives.
- Directs the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry, and market trends.
- Reviews existing business processes and establishes metrics to improve business processes, as well as support of all architectural disciplines under their direction.
- Leads programs to develop, maintain, and govern the enterprise architecture across the organization.
- Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized architecture domains.
- Ensures recommendations are based on business relevance, appropriate timing, and deployment.
- Ensure coherent deployments of IT solutions where projects do not duplicate functionality or fragment data, or diverge from the IT strategies.
- Ensure that redundancy of data is minimized/eliminated; and when unavoidable, a reliable, "master” source is established.
- Review and approve new IT solutions to ensure coherence with the existing technology stack.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding and documentation of the infrastructure topology and inventory of application assets to integrate new technology requirements effectively.
- Share industry best practices, lessons learned on systems architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and up-coming technology solutions.
- Promote shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flow.
- Leads the EA governance processes.
- Leads and facilitates the creation of governing principles to guide EA decision making.
- Involvement in the development and enforcement of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology.
- Propose and implement a set of IT principles and architectural guidelines. Ensure that these principles are applied by all new projects and systems.
- Develops and communicates architectural policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Manages exceptions to architectural standards at an enterprise level.
- Reviews and/or analyzes and develops architectural requirements as needed for the organization.
- Ensures the conceptual completeness of the technical solutions.
- Approves modification of the enterprise architecture to accommodate project needs.
- Approves the tools and components used within the enterprise.
- Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, system impacts, and technology priorities.
- Manage risk and IT assets through appropriate standards and security policies.
Technical Team Support
- Leads teams in developing technology plans.
- Work with solutions architects and programmer to provide a consensus based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable to meet the business needs.
- Support NCOA's junior staff with knowledge transfer and skills in specific areas of technology expertise.
Leadership and Cross-functional Team Support
- Provides strategic consultation to business and IT leaders.
- Works with the team and leads themto understand business requirements and help them understand how technology tradeoffs influence strategy.
- Promotes the EA process, outcomes, and results to the organization and senior leadership
- Consults with project teams to fit projects to enterprise architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture.
- Develops a communication plan for architecture at the enterprise level.
- Works with senior leadership to approve allocation of budget to meet architectural initiatives critical to business/mission success.
- Collaborates with project management and IT leaders to ensure progress towards architectural alignment with project goals and requirements.