Partnership Employment is currently seeking an Cost Accountant!
The Cost Accountant is responsible for areas of inventory accounting including general ledger and sub ledger reconciliations, gross margin and account analysis, physical inventory and month-end closing. Works closely with A/P, A/R, and Director of Finance. The ideal candidate has analytical experience, is detail oriented, is quick and is able to check his or her own work and will be responsible for applying well established accounting principles, theories, concepts and policies and procedures for the accounting dept.
- Creates & reviews the controls needed for data accumulation & reporting systems;
- Coordinates physical inventory counts & cycle counts;
- Investigates cycle counting variances & resolve issues;
- Updates standard costs in the bill of materials;
- Reviews standard & actual costs for inaccuracies;
- Validates the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close;
- Reports on breakeven points by products, work centers, & factories;
- Reports on margins by product & division;
- Performs account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements and intercompany general ledger accounts;
- Researches and corrects account discrepancies;
- Assists with inventory related transactions;
- Assists in the preparation of month-end financial reporting;