Exciting, growing start-up and is searching for a Controller to join our Management Team! Candidate will be reporting to the company’s Chief Operating Officer and will have the opportunity to participate in and influence company decisions, innovate and create processes, staff acquisition and development, and closely partner with internal/external constituents.
Our client, in the green/renewable energy industry, is a NYC-based start-up financed by Shell Energy North America. The company is a deregulated energy business that buys energy at wholesale prices and sells it to residential and small-commercial customers. They source renewable energy for its customers and is part of the green energy landscape that is providing sustainable choice for the end user.
We are seeking a high energy, dedicated professional who can work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
Establish financial structure by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information. Manage staff in the accounting department (cash, receivables, payables and clerical).
· Responsible for monthly financial close process including preparation of all financial statements.
· Prepare, post, and document standard monthly and miscellaneous journal entries to the general ledger including payroll entries.
· Prepare and submit monthly key performance metrics to partners
· Prepare all year-end paperwork for budget, annual review, and agreed upon procedures. Support as needed.
· Prepare necessary paperwork with relation to the annual audit.
· Prepare monthly internal reporting package.
· Prepare and report monthly internal / external commissions.
· Reconcile all ledger accounts on a monthly basis including but not limited to cash, payables, receivables, inter-company and all payroll ledgers.
· Prepare all necessary cash flow reports and analyses.
· Coordinate and assist with annual payroll and workers compensation audits.
· Assist as needed with preparation of all corporate federal and state tax returns.
· Prepare monthly cost and profitability reports.
· Prepare necessary accounting invoices and credit memos for intercompany transactions. Reconcile all monthly intercompany transactions as needed.
· Initiate all bank transfers including ACH, EFT and wire requests for vendor payments.
· Perform other accounting related tasks.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· BS or Master degree in Accounting or Finance
· CPA is a plus
· Minimum of 5 years work experience
· Advanced computer skills of MS Office and accounting software. SQL, Tableau, and Quickbooks experience is a plus.
· Ability to manipulate and analyze large amounts of data
· Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
· High attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to direct and supervise.
If you feel you are the right individual for this position, please send your resume along with salary requirements.