Exciting, growing start-up is searching for a Financial leader to join their management team in a long-term contract opportunity! Candidate will be reporting to the company’s Chief Operating Officer and will have the opportunity to participate in and influence company decisions, innovate and create processes, operate as a strategic consultant, presenting to and partnering with internal/external constituents.
Our client, in the wireless charging and electric vehicle industry, has an innovative technology and a highly motivated and ambitious leadership team.
The Chief Financial Officer will report to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, deal analysis and negotiations and investor relationships. The CFO will be a committed partner working hand in glove with the CEO to achieve maximum potential value upon exit for the company based on all dimensions of the enterprise value.
· Strategy, Planning and Management
· Act as the CFO and strategic business partner to the CEO.
· Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
· Identify, acquire and implement process and procedures to ensure critical financial and operational information.
· Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO and the leadership team.
· Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion
· Select and engage consultants, auditor and investors.
· Recruit, interview and hire finance and accounting staff as required.
· Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
· Prepare and lead annual budget for the company that aligns to the organizational plan.
· Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and, forecast vs. budget and weekly cash flow that includes complex financial projections and modeling.
· Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
· Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
· Participate and drive correspondence with lenders, vendors and banking partners.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
· Supervise accounting functions and ensure accuracy and compliance with best practices and regulatory requirements.
· Ensure appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures.
· Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for funding, investors and board of directors.
· Ensure the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
· Complete month end close process including general ledger accounts, balance sheets accounts and overhead cost allocations, while improving and reviewing procedures and eliminating inefficiencies.
· Serve as key point of contact for external auditors.
· Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
· Explore new investment opportunities, provide and maintain outstanding relationships with strategic alliances and the investment banking community at the partner level and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
· Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
· Oversee weekly cash management and AP Department, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs.
· Supervise accounts receivable management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Mergers and acquisition experience with a minimum of two start-up technology organizations having led through successful exits.
· Experience with source financing for startup organizations
· Able to work in fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines and executing responsibilities with minimal errors
· Exceptional attention to detail
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance.
· MBA from top tier school highly desired.
· 6 years minimum experience as a CFO in a startup technology environment.
· 15+ years total accounting or finance experience.
· Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
· Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
· Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
· Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance related issues.
· Satisfactory completion of background investigation required