|Job Purpose: |
Provides financial information to the organization by maintaining and reconciling accounts.
- Maintains general ledger accounts by monitoring account preparation; entering amortizations of prepaid accounts; balancing job costs; updating monthly retainage, workers' compensation, and general insurance accruals; preparing monthly entries for fixed asset depreciation, accruals, amortization, and cost allocations.
- Summarizes current financial status by analyzing general ledger accounts; compiling and submitting financial statements.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Provides financial information by answering accounting procedure questions; researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations; determining current charging of labor and materials.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Great Plains Accounting software is a plus.