Our client is a rapidly expanding law firm located in the metro-west area who will double in size this year. They are recognized as one of the preeminent sports immigration practices in the US and also help Fortune 500 companies to hire staff from across the globe. Join a dynamic, career minded office where you will not only grow but also enjoy coming to work every day!
The Legal Admin/Operations Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and facilitating the workflow of the busy and growing seasonal visa practice. Responsibilities include working with a team of paralegals and case managers to ensure that all work is done in the most timely and efficient manner possible and all deadlines are met. This person will report directly to the Attorney in charge of the practice area, but will also take direction from case managers, as appropriate. Strong leadership skills, attention to detail, meticulousness in meeting deadlines, and confidence are essential to the success of this individual.
- Meet with paralegals and case managers each morning to assess daily workload and deadlines that must be met each day;
- Assess workload of each team member, determine whether work could be reallocated to meet efficiency goals, and work with manager to reassess and reallocate workloads if needed;
- Be proactive in identifying whether any deadlines are at risk of being missed and bring concerns to managers at earliest possibility;
- Evaluate pain points in the process and present possible solutions to management;
- Be proactive in identifying bottlenecks in workflow and develop strategies to alleviate;
- Ensure internal systems, procedures, and efficiencies are adhered to;
- Create Microsoft Outlook calendar reminders to ensure client deliverables are met on appropriate dates;
- Develop and maintain tracking spreadsheets and/or other tracking management systems to ensure that all deadlines are met;
- Develop tracking spreadsheets to ensure that all receivables have been received in a timely manner, such as government notices, documents from clients, etc.
- Ensure paralegals are using Operations team appropriately to free themselves up to legal work, rather than administrative work (including scanning, copying, and finalizing of visa petitions);
- Meet with Operations Team members regularly to assess workloads to ensure that they have capacity to absorb assignments given by seasonal visa team;
- Oversee invoicing process to ensure that clients have been billed appropriate amounts and work with Operations Team to revise invoices, as needed; and
- Take on additional side projects as assigned by Manager or case managers.