This person will report directly to the Attorney in charge of the practice area, but will also take direction from case managers, as appropriate. Strong leadership skills, attention to detail, proactiveness, meticulousness in meeting deadlines, and confidence are essential to the success of this individual.
- Meet with paralegals and case managers each morning to assess daily workload and deadlines that must be met each day;
- Assess workload of each team member, determine whether work could be reallocated to meet efficiency goals, and work with manager to reassess and reallocate workloads if needed;
- Be proactive in identifying whether any deadlines are at risk of being missed and bring concerns to managers at earliest possibility;
- Evaluate pain points in the process and present possible solutions to management;
- Be proactive in identifying bottlenecks in workflow and develop strategies to alleviate;
- Ensure internal systems, procedures, and efficiencies are adhered to;
- Evaluate inconsistencies between procedures amongst team members and work to make procedures as consistent as possible across the team;
- Create Microsoft Outlook calendar reminders to ensure client deliverables are met on appropriate dates;
- Develop and maintain tracking spreadsheets and/or other tracking management systems to ensure that all deadlines are met;
- Develop tracking spreadsheets to ensure that all receivables have been received in a timely manner, such as government notices, documents from clients, etc.
- Ensure paralegals are using Operations team appropriately to free themselves up to legal work, rather than administrative work (including scanning, copying, and finalizing of visa petitions);
- Meet with Operations Team members regularly to assess workloads