Westchester, NY | Full Time
Partnership Employment is currently seeking a Junior Accountant!
This entry-level opportunity local to the Westchester/Fairfield area could be a wonderful way to start a career in the Accounting world! The ideal Junior Accountant will have excellent oral & written communication skills. The Junior Accountant should be able to work under strict deadlines with minimal supervision and will be extremely comfortable with ad-hoc reporting projects, reconciliations, interpreting accounting/tax policies and procedures and will be able to assist in the tax return process for individual federal and multi-state income tax returns.
Qualifications for this opportunity include:
- 0-2 years in a relevant work environment (e.g. CPA Firm)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Advanced with QuickBooks and Excel,
- Able to assist in the performance of multi-state income tax returns, and financial statement audits
- Must be able to prepare quarterly payroll reports for clients after filing tax returns
- Able to perform reconciliations under minimal supervision while identifying and resolving any accounting irregularities
- Comfortable processing invoices and purchase orders & collections of outstanding balances
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- SPSS, Bloomberg, STATA, Excel (Pivot Tables and V-Lookups) QuickBooks
- Previous internship experience
- Ability to comfortably present data analysis/reports to C-Level executives