Our client is a rapidly expanding law firm located in the metro-west area who will double in size this year. They are recognized as one of the preeminent sports immigration practices in the US and also help Fortune 500 companies to hire staff from across the globe. Join a dynamic, career minded office where you will not only grow but also enjoy coming to work every day!
This person, under the supervision and direction of the Practice Area Manager, will manage a team of Paralegals and Operations Staff in the successful process and completion of H-2B seasonal visa petitions. Daily tasks will be reviewing legal documents, reviewing client processes, client communications, and answering paralegals’ and Operations team members’ questions.
- Manage a team of 4-8 Junior Paralegals/Operations staff
- Supervise the preparation of cover letters, seasonality arguments, and other documentation for H-2B seasonal visa petitions;
- Coordinate with attorneys, Practice Area Managers, other immigration paralegals, and the Operations team to ensure that work is completed prior to deadlines assigned by the manager;
- Closely monitor all internal and external deadlines within the practice area;
- Assist Practice Area Manager in managing the work flow and work product of Paralegals and Junior Paralegals as well as reviewing work product and providing edits and feedback to the Paralegals and Junior Paralegals;
- Act as a liaison between the practice area and the Operations team, communicating with the team members with regards to work flow;
- Review supporting documents provided by clients and ensure that they contain the required information, make edits where necessary;
- Correspond with clients regarding case status and non-legal questions involving their cases (ex: what additional documents are needed/case status/etc.);
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two (2) years of direct experience with H-2B visa petitions, either within an organization or in preparing petitions