DESCRIPTION: Medical Device Manufacturer in business for over 5 decades seeks a Controller to take on all accounting matters for the parent organization and its subsidiaries. This position will manage a team of 5 individuals and report directly to the CFO. Fast track to becoming VP of Finance.
- Directs all aspects of accounting operations, including costing, budgeting, closing, and the preparation of annual financial forecasts for a $50M, 200+ person medical device manufacturer
- Provide mentorship and management to 5 direct reports including Accounting Manager, Staff Accountants, and AR/AP
- Manage cost planning, analysis, and reporting activities
- Manage the month end accounting close, ensuring accurate and timely results that are in accordance with US GAAP
- Coordinate and consolidate monthly and quarterly financial performance reporting and presentations, including variance analysis
- Review and analyze internal financial data to identify issues, opportunities and trends to provide business owners and senior leaders with financial analysis input that will drive decision making including project profitability, productivity analysis, and return on investment
- Work closely with the business management leaders and others at the site to improve and optimize the Sales, Operations and Planning function.
- Make recommendations to save costs, scale for the future and manage data accuracy. This may include recommendations relating to purchase price, scrap, inventory cycle counts, work order volume, etc.