Front Desk Admin Assistant

Worcester, MA | Full Time

Post Date: 12/05/2017 Job ID: AL048 Industry: Office & Administration Pay Rate: $16.50/hr

The Front Desk Administrative Assistant will serve as the receptionist and primary point of contact for all incoming calls, emails, and visitor traffic. The position requires excellent customer service to all stakeholders of the office including internal employees and external clients, strong attention to detail, and exceptional follow-through skills to complete tasks in a timely manner.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

  • Provide superior customer service including helpful information on programs and services and direct customers to appropriate resources based on their needs and interests.
  • Serve as gatekeeper and troubleshooter between customers and department staff using critical listening skills to ensure accuracy of information, updating the appropriate staff, and responding as needed to clients.
  • Communicate effectively with a diverse population of clients and staff in a professional manner.
  • Consult with key staff members to develop, implement and evaluate customer service policies and procedures to continually improve the office’s interactions.
  • Support marketing and promotion of department events/programs through poster printing, distribution, e-mail, electronic display, outreach to departments and related tasks.
  • Regularly check department e-mail account, reply to inquiries, forward those needing follow-up to the appropriate staff, identify trends in inquiries, draft and send both form responses and customized replies.
  • Ensure data collection on use of department services is up-to-date and accurately maintained in the system and generate reports as needed.
  • Greet visitors to the department including employers, staff and others and notify staff when clients have arrived for appointments.
  • Answer phones and route/record calls accurately, answer customer questions in a prompt, accurate and professional manner. 
  • Oversee office voicemail greetings and signage during times of office and division meetings, holiday closings, and summer hours to ensure customers are notified of changes -- and ensure office opening and closing procedures are followed on a daily basis.
  • Assist with administrative tasks and special events as needed including career fairs, workshops, other events and employer activity on campus.
  • Produce and distribute meeting notes for department staff meetings
  • Supervise and/or assign tasks to seasonal employees as needed
  • Other duties as assigned

 

  • Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required.
  • 1+ years of office experience demonstrating a thorough knowledge and proven efficiency with office practices and procedures.  Experience in the areas of reception and/or customer service required.
  • Working knowledge of all applications within Microsoft Office.
  • Knowledge and proven ability of telephone etiquette.
  • Ability to work well under pressure handling multiple telephone calls and or visitors on a daily basis.
  • Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks while performing reception duties in a fast-paced office with attention to detail and follow through
  • Possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population both verbally and in writing.
  • Physical requirements are within the normal range of an office environment, but may include occasional lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 20 pounds.
  • Hours of work: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday  Friday; additional overtime hours may be required for special events
  • A pre-employment criminal records check is required.

 

 

Benefits:

  • Excellent benefits – employer will match 120% of your 5% contribution (you put in 5%, employer puts in 6% for a total 11%!)
  • Health, Dental, Vision eligibility day 1
  • Vacation Time

Not ready to apply?

Send an email reminder to:

Share This Job:

Related Jobs: